If you are looking to have pictures of your business taken for you google my business listing or google street view, here are few things to look for.
- Are they truly a ‘Google Trusted Photographer” – check on the website https://www.google.com/streetview/hire/
- Ask to see some of their previous work
- Ask how much does it cost, prices range from 300 – 500 per session.
What does it take to become a Google Trusted Photographer?
All the 360 photos a photographer submits to Google must meet the following criteria. You can read the complete Google Guidelines at Google Maps Image Acceptance & Privacy Policies.
- 14 mp or larger (5,300 x 2,650 px)
- 2:1 image aspect ratio
- No gaps in image around horizon
- No significant stitching errors
- Adequate detail in light/dark areas
- Sharpness: no motion blur, in focus
- No distracting effects or filters
- All connected 360 photos must maintain a clear line-of-sight
- Try shooting at 1 meter spacing indoors and every 3m outdoors
- To increase the chances that we can later connect to your content, extend your collection to a street
- Consent to show people and place
- Geographically accurate placement
- No computer generated spaces
- No attribution beyond nadir area
- No hateful or illegal content
- Once enrolled, you must abide by our Sales & Branding Guidelines