San Diego SEO Expert – Local Blitz Marketing
What does it actually mean to be an San Diego SEO Expert ?
Well, if you Google “how long does it take to become an expert at something”, you will quickly see that the general consensus is around 10,000 hours of practice. Here is one example. That's A LOT of hours! So how is it that there seem to be soo many “SEO Experts” running around these days?
We will tell you a secret, that probably isn't soo secret. Most people that are claiming to be experts just are not experts. When hiring a San Diego SEO expert, you want to be sure it is someone who has the knowledge you need and experience you can trust. Many people in the industry either re-sell other peoples services or are just good salespeople themselves that like to toy around with other people's time and money. For the sake of example, if using the 10,000-hour rule to become a San Diego SEO expert, would require 4.8 years of experience in the field. Not a lot of people have that. This is assuming a 40 hour work week over 52 weeks a year.
So why is Local Blitz an actual “SEO expert”. We were founded in 2009, now moving into our 10th year learning, failing, and finally succeeding at SEO. It gets more complicated by the day and there are a TON of good people in the industry, but many that position themselves as “SEO experts” simply are not… we are still learning every day and have almost a full decade in!
If you want FREE advice from an SEO expert, just simply fill out the form on this page and we will personally review your website and let you know what needs to be done to gain more traction with SEO this year. This is no machine run analysis with no explanation, we will take a deeper dive and ensure you understand out findings, just provide the requested information in the form on this page and we will get to work!
What Does an SEO Expert Actually Do?
San Diego SEO Expert Research
- Every SEO project should start with extensive keyword research with professional tools. Otherwise, it is just guesswork.
- You should be looking at the competition of keywords, search volume associated with those keywords, and LSI options.
There are many consideration when looking for the best keywords and topics your website should be focusing on, many times we see website that have poor keyword selection leading to poor performance on the search engines.
Technical SEO Expert San Diego Services
An important skill to have as an expert in search engine optimization is the ability to analyses and debug technical seo issues that may arise with a website.
A Technical SEO audit should include some of not all the following aspects.
- Findable and indexable by google and google BOT.
- Check for duplicate content on the site.
- Look for thin content on your site, generally content less than 200 words on a page
- Check Canonical Tags, 301 redirects and 404 pages are set up correctly.
- Make sure structured data (JSON-LD Schema) is added and verified to appropriate Entities and pages.
- Check that URL structures are well thought out and easy to follow by both the Google BOT and website users
- Check website speed, a fast website help users find what they are looking for quickly
- Make a valid SSL certificate is installed.
- Check that there is no mixed non-ssl and ssl content on this site.
- Optimize images, html, CSS etc for fast load speed
- Build internal links and check for broken links on the site
- Create a XML sitemap and submit to google search console
- Check for mobile usability issues
On page SEO Optimization
- At Local Blitz, we always say that On Page Optimization is the foundation of the house you are about to build. Any SEO expert should be extremely well versed in On Page Optimization. If this is not one of the first things they are doing… they are not even an SEO rookie, let alone an SEO expert.
Content Marketing for SEO
- Not all content is created equally! Your content marketing strategy should include a real plan to go after new keywords, while also adding value to your client base during the process. The days of keyword stuffed articles are long gone. Google is way too smart for this now and you will never compete with just basic content and no plan.
Link Building - A Major Part of a solid SEO compaign
- This is something that can go terribly wrong. A San Diego SEO expert should have a solid strategy to build links both inbound and outbound from your digital assets. We will spare you the horror stories, but you should ask questions here and lots of them.
There are many places to get good back links but it does take real work to get the right ones. They are many SEO companies selling SEO backlinking services that can really hurt you rankings. Of they build links from reall porr websites that can actually cause you ranking to drop dramatically.
Social Signals for SEO
- Obviously, social media is here to stay and aside from social media marketing and advertising, there are serious SEO benefits to a good social strategy. Ask your SEO expert what the plan is for social as it relates to SEO. Any SEO expert shouldn't skip a beat there!
Good Leads come from great San Diego SEO
- All of this mentioned above doesn't matter much unless leads and sales are coming in though, right? Otherwise, who cares about all of this. There should be a solid strategy to track lead sources and all key metrics for your project.
An SEO Expert is always Learning!
- An SEO Expert San Diego should be someone who is always learning. This industry changes FAST, and you need someone on your side who can keep up!
- The experts at Local blitz are continually attending SEO Training Events and Conferences, Simon has also spoken at many conferences on the topic of SEO and Lead generation for small businesses.
Common Words used by SEO Experts
- seo agency
- search results
- seo services
- website traffic
- seo strategies
- seo campaigns
- business goals
- business owners
- PPC - Pay Per Click
- Factor - Often used when referring to ranking factors
- user experience
- blog posts
- seo strategy
- target audience
- landing page
- seo important
- algorithm updates
- search rankings
- website design
- ppc management
- phone call tracking
- marketing campaign
- marketing efforts
- seo agencies
- title tags
- internet marketing
- seo consultants
- website structure
- marketing services
- internet marketing company
- seo consultants
- expert seo
- seo professionals
- san diego seo consultants
- seo san diego specialist
- expert search engine optimization
- san diego search engine optimization
- san diego expert seo
- seo san diego expert
- domain name
- domain age
The Mysterious “Search Algorithms” and How SEO Expert San Diego Can Help!
First, we must mention that although Google takes more than the lions share of the search volume, there are other search engines like Bing. A quality SEO program should focus on gaining traffic wherever traffic exists. With that in mind, if you have hired an SEO expert, there should be a cover all strategy to get search volume from all search engines.
What should your SEO expert know about algorithms?
- The most recent updates to Google Algorithms
- How to recover a penalized site
- What the “buzz” is about upcoming changes – they are normally right
- Any new considerations to the SEO world as it relates to Local, Regional, National and International SEO
- Also, they shouldn't have every answer. If they do, then they're probably lying to you!
Other Considerations to Make Sure You Have a Real San Diego SEO Expert
What are they doing for CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization)
Although this is outside the scope of deliverables for most SEO people, it is VERY important! Without conversions, who cares how much traffic is coming to your site?!?! With the exception of those selling ad space, most businesses are looking to make sales as a result of the traffic coming to their site. Truly savvy SEO pros are using heatmaps and screen recording software to see how users are interacting with your site. Without this data, you could be sacrificing a lot of sales as a result and not maximizing the effectiveness of your SEO!
What is the process for SEO outreach?
True SEO is not about building a bunch of bad links that get the site up in search engines and then make it crash when the next algorithm update comes. If you are really dealing with a San Diego SEO expert, there should be a strategy for quality link building through outreach or other means. Otherwise, you may end up with a bunch of bad links pointing to your site without even knowing… again we will save you the horror stories there
What CMS (Content Management System) are they accustom to working with?
In most cases a WordPress SEO Expert will be the perfect match for your needs, as it is estimated that 25% or more of the websites on the internet are now powered by WordPress CMS. That being said, there are still many other CMS environments floating around, such as Joomla, Wix, Magento, Shopify, and Square Space, just to name a few. When thinking of working with an SEO Company it will be important to confirm they are comfortable working within the CMS of your website. At Local Blitz, we have worked in all major CMS platforms and will always be transparent about out abilities to get you results based on your current CMS.
What it takes to be a San Diego SEO Specialist
What does it mean to be a San Diego SEO specialist? Well frankly put it means we actually do the work and make continuing SEO education a priority for both ourselves and our clients. Many self-proclaimed San Diego SEO specialists are simply reselling cookie-cutter packages from overseas providers. To be a true SEO specialist it takes thousands of hours testing ideas, learning up to date information, and implementing both client projects as well as your own. On top of all of that, it takes the knowledge to navigate the SEO landscape in San Diego, which is one of the most competitive in the world! At Local Blitz, we have been working for clients and getting them results since 2009. This significant history of proven success is why we consider ourselves local San Diego SEO experts.
Frequently Asked Questions about SEO
What does SEO Cost?
There are 2 main driving forces in search engine optimization.
1) Good written content for the website is important and can cost from 10 cents per word up to several dollars per word for very technical pieces of content
2) Acquiring good backlinks is an important aspect of SEO, on average a good link costs around $500-600 dollars to acquire and some cost as much as $5000+
So you can see depending on how much content and how many links your website needs SEO can have a very wide range.
Do Press Releases help SEO?
There are those that believe they help and those people that believe press release do not help your website SEO. In our experience we find that Press Release do help you website and seo in several ways.
1) The build brand awareness of your business and website
2) They help build links to your website
3) They can even bring traffic to your website from the sites that publish your website. We find that all these 3 things can help your website rank higher in Google.